Friday, December 5, 2008

A VERY Special Day! Happy Birthday Mom!

I want to take just a few minutes to brag on my mom. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever met, and she has the biggest heart! I literally have to call her two weeks in advance to be able to see her because she is CONSTANTLY helping others. She is the most unselfish person I know. She literally gives her life up to serve other people. I used to get jealous that I didn't get to see her much and that all of these other people were getting to hang out with my mom instead of me. That was just the brat coming out in me. Now I look at it in a completely different light. I realize that she is living the life that God called her to live, and that she gives up time with the people most special to her not because she wants to, but because she knows that God has called her to serve. I admire her for her obedience to God. I say all the time that if God called me to leave my "comfort zone" to move to Africa that I would go in a second, but if I search my heart sometimes my desires over ride God's will for my life. Not her though. She literally lives her life doing exactly what she knows GOD wants her to do and not what SHE wants to do. She serves with a great attitude all the time and never complains. She has taught me so many lessons. Most reasontly, she has taught me to have faith no matter what anyone says. Rich and I had gotten a negative Doctor report a couple of months ago that shattered me. When I called my mom, she was so strong for me and is literally the wings that have carried me through all of this. She speaks words of wisdom into my life about having faith even when the doctors say there is no way. She has taught me to not doubt God for one second in this whole situation even when my flesh wonders how in the world God can "fix" this. I admire my mom for how beautiful she is on the outside (even at 50), but most of all I admire her for who she is on the inside. She is the same person at home that she is infront of thousands of people. So mom, thanks for raising me in a Godly home, for teaching me modesty (even though I would change in the car when I was a teenager), and for being a great friend/parent to me. I am so thankful that I have your shoulders to lean on. I hope you have THE BEST BIRTHDAY. You deserve it. I love you.

1 comment:

deeanna said...

What a gift! You are the most amazing daughter that a mother could ever have. I have learned so much from you and am blessed by your gifts and talents. Not only are you one of the finest educators that I have ever seen, but you have a heart for the things of God that is very rare in this day and time. You are the best birthday present my dear one!