Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Red Velvet Cake Balls!

For our Valentine's party at school I made these red velvet cake balls. They were pretty good. A little rich for me, but they were good. You can use any kind of cake mixture for these and any icing. Being the southern gal that I am, I decided to use Red Velvet cake and cream cheese icing. I got this recipe from Kelly Stamp's blog. Here is all that you need for these:

All you do is bake the cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box. When it's still warm crumble it up in a bowl and mix in the frosting. IMPORTANT: Refridgerate the cake and frosting for about an hour before you start making the balls.

I just used an icecream scoop to scoop out the balls and my hands to shape them a little. Melt almond bark (either vanilla or chocolate-depending on your cake) and dip balls in the bark. I used tongs to dip them. Kelly used an egg seperator, and it seemed to work a little better.



Voila... A yummy and EASY dessert. This is good for parties, potlucks, etc. My first graders LOVED THEM!

No comments: