Thursday, April 9, 2009

WE ARE PREGNANT!

This is in my kitchen above my cabinets and every morning I pray for a healthy baby. I love this quote! It has helped me through this whole fertility mess.

As of right now, we are almost 7 weeks. We go in to our next appointment on Tuesday, April 14th. I found out that I was pregnant on Thursday, March 19th. I came home from school that day kind of suspecting that I could be, and took two tests. They both were instantly positive. I only had about an hour to figure out what I was going to do for Rich, and this is what I came up with. I had to think of something that I could get on video of course. I will try to download that when I find my usb cable for our video camera.
I borrowed one of Rich's old shirts and made Bentley a shirt. He did NOT like having to wear it so I had to make Rich call me 5 minutes before he got home so that I could get it on Bentley before he tore it off! He doesn't look happy, but he was so cute! It says, "Big Brother" in case you can't read it.

He kinda looks like a ghost.


I liked Bentley's shirt so much that I decided to make one of my own. This is what Rich saw when he walked in the door. Only I was holding a video camera!
No I am not showing that much. I'm holding the shirt out so that you can read it.


The happy daddy!
This pregnancy has already been extremely stressful. I should have known it was going to be when I called my doctor the day I found out, and he said, "Can you get here tomorrow for bloodwork? Honey, you are as high-risk as they come." I went that Friday to get my blood drawn and got our results back the following Monday. My beta-levels (HCG) were 3,366, which is really high. They sent me in for an ultrasound that Tuesday. It was a terrible experience. The ultrasound tech basically told us that our gestational sac was not forming correctly, and was very negative about it. I left crying that day. The next Tuesday we went in for our 5 week, 3 day ultrasound. Here are the pictures from that day. Our gestational sac was fine, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat (112). The low-stress didn't last long though, and I started spotting Tuesday night. I didn't worry too much about it because they say that it is normal.

5 weeks, 3 days ultrasound picture. The little circular ring is the yolk sac. Our baby is snuggled up next to the wall of the sac.

You can see the baby snuggled up against the wall here just hanging out in between the yolk sac (the circular thing) and the wall.


They measured the baby. It measured 5 weeks, 6 days.

Well, on Sunday I had TERRIBLE cramps and major spotting/clotting. I was SO upset. I called Monday morning and they had me come in for another ultrasound. We were 6 weeks, 2 days. Apparently, I have "placenta previa" which means that the placenta is blocking the cervical opening. They are 90% sure that it will "migrate" as the uterous grows, but if not we will HAVE to have a c-section. This has been the cause of the bleeding though. If there is anything positive about having to be this stressed out during a pregnancy, we get to hear the baby's heartbeat quite a bit, and we get lots of pictures!!! It is amazing how much the baby grew in just 6 days. I can't wait to see the baby again on Tuesday! Please pray for us. We desperately want this baby to be healthy. I have tried to keep my faith strong, but I can't help but be nervous about everything. Please pray for my sickness as well. I am sick all day everyday!

Look at how much bigger the baby has gotten. You can see the curser where they are measuring the baby.

There's little baby Hall.

The baby is still so tiny.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

congrats girl! so excited for you :)

Allyson said...

Jessica - Praying for you!

Bentley is the most adorable dog ever!

Blessings,
Allyson