Monday, July 6, 2009

IT'S A........

BOY!!!!! We had our 20 week ultrasound today, and we are so excited to be having a boy! Obviously we would have been ecstatic either way, but we were secretly hoping deep down (especially daddy) that we would have a boy first. Everything is completely healthy. I have marginal placenta previa. It just means that my placenta is REALLY close to my cervix. Bad news is that I may have to have a C-section if it doesn't migrate a little more, and the good news is that we get to have another ultrasound in 8 weeks to check to see if it has migrated enough to not have to do the C-section. My doctor said that he was pretty sure it would migrate just enough considering how much it had already moved from the last ultrasound. We haven't quite decided on a name yet. We had Wyatt William Hall picked out for the longest time, but may end up changing it. William will for sure be the middle name, but we are thinking about changing the first name to one of these: Ryder, Hudson, Cash, Brooks, Cruz, Weston, etc. There are quite a few that we are thinking about. I think we will more than likely go with Wyatt William Hall though. Gramps (my dad) got to go with us to the ultrasound today. I'm so thankful that he got to hear his first grandbaby's heartbeat! It was such a special day for us. We surprised Nana (my mom) at work with a sign that said, "It's a Boy." After we ate dinner with my dad, Rich and I went straight for the shopping. I looked for little boy outfits, and Rich went straight to the sport stores to get his little boy some toys. It was precious. I'm posting a few pictures from our ultrasound. We also got a DVD of the ultrasound, but I haven't figured out how to post videos yet. Enjoy! Our sign said, "It's A Boy!" You can't see it though. I should have used marker, but was in too big of a hurry before we left for the appointments.

His heartbeat. It was 150.

His face.

The foot. Couldn't get a great picture.

His legs that his kicks his mommy with!


His spine. It is amazing to me that they can see all of this. Technology is fascinating!

It is FOR SURE a BOY!!!!

Here is the close up of the gender lol! He will not like me for this later on in life.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

congrats! baby boys are wonderful :)

Allyson said...

Congratulations! Wasn't that just the most precious thing to watch?

We have a William Hudson, but we call him Hudson! I always said I wouldn't call my kids by their middle name, but oh well.

Congrats again! Such wonderful news!

Allyson