Tuesday, October 27, 2009

36 Week Appointment

I went in for our 36 week appointment today. I am about 36 weeks now. My due date is VERY tentative so who knows for sure. We miscarried twins in January and although I had some "spotting" on Feb. 21st, my doctor has decided it would be best to gage MY due date based on the size of the baby instead of the last menstral date. Anyone with a brain knows that the baby's size can change within a day so long story short, I am just a different case that doesn't have a "set" due date. I have a wonderful doctor though that has kept SUCH a close eye on everything. We feel so blessed that we have gotten to see this little one (via ultrasound) so much due to my doctor being so thorough with us. Anyways, I will be "approximately" 36 weeks on Saturday.

I got to my appointment, and they did the usual... weight, blood pressure, etc then took me back to our room. My feet have been swollen the last few days, and I just thought it was because I am on them ALL day long teaching. Well my doctor walked in and said, "Do you have a sub lined up?" I told him that they are in the process of getting someone, and interviewed someone today. He said that he is sending me for an ultrasound next Tuesday because my belly isn't growing as much as he would like. Everyone kept saying that I didn't look like I had gained much, and I haven't, but I'm eating as much as I can. He said that sometimes when you are on the petite side that your ribs won't expand as much which pushes the baby down really quickly. He basically said that I would be lucky to make it another week without my water breaking because of all of the pressure. To say Reese has dropped would be an understatement! He is LOW! I've also started having contractions like crazy. They are monitoring these as well. His concern is the amount of stress that Reese is putting on my body. If my amniotic fluid is low (in the slightest) or my blood pressure is up at all next Tuesday he is going to either induse (sp?) me or for sure put me on bed rest for a week. Needless to say, we are excited/nervous about it all. If we have him next Tuesday/Wednesday he would be about 3 and half weeks early. My doctor said that Reese is absolutely fine, and that he delivers babies at 34 weeks all the time that don't even have to stay in the hospital for extra time. He is just worried about the stress that the baby is putting on my body, and he wants me nice and healthy for the delivery. I'll keep you all posted! Keep us in your prayers.

No comments: