Saturday, October 10, 2009

8 months!

I am 33 weeks and things are starting to FLY by. My doctor asked me at one of my last appointments if my bags were packed. My reply was "no they aren't packed, my thank you cards aren't even finished!" Everything is coming together though. We have even decided on a name. Reese William Hall is what we have decided on! I love the name and have already started getting his diaper bag monogrammed. I still need to find some pants to go with his "Heaven sent" onsie and blue cashmere cardigan to wear home from the hospital. Rich and I made a deal that he gets to pick out what Reese will wear in the nursery, and I get to pick out what he wears home from the hospital. Of course, Rich has picked a KY onsie and beanie for him. I couldn't say no though. He was so excited about getting Reese all dressed up in KY gear and to show him off. The nursery is almost finished, and I love it! We still have to hang the chandelier and get the lamp shades to go on it, and our bedding is almost finished. My mom's sweet friend is doing our bedding and drapes. We did a silk silvery color with cream for his bedding. I LOVE the fabric!!! We are also still waiting on our ottoman to arrive and to hang a few things on the walls. Other than that though, it's finished!!! I have been busy doing thank you cards and having showers and have had 3 evaluations this past month. I will officially be tenured at the beginning of next year! I have a pediatrician interview on Monday. Hopefully we will like her. I hear that she is very open to not having babies vaccinated, and we have chosen to not have Reese get the hepatitus vaccine at the hospital. I am on Fall Break right now. I have NEEDED a few days to just get caught up on rest. I only have two more small loads and all of Reese's clothes, blankets, burp clothes, socks, beanies, etc will be finished. I'm in the process of getting his cabinet cleaned out so we have somewhere to put all of his sterilized bottles, etc. Rich is getting his travel system put together, and we are planning on having our bags packed by the end of next week. Wow, he will be here before we know it. Hard to believe that two weeks from now, my doctor won't stop my labor! Here are some pictures of our first beautiful shower!


My grandmother and mom are at the far right.
I was so thankful that mawmaw got to come in town for the shower.
Some friends that got to come

Getting BIG! I love having a baby bump!


Rich's favorite gift. Thank you Rosemary!

Nana...a.k.a My mom!

The hostesses

No comments: