Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Facts Aboout Me!

I am a huge facebook fan, and there is a "tag" going around for the 25 Random Facts. I just decided to post it on here since it took me so long to think about the 25 facts. Here it is:

1. I own a deaf English Bulldog. Yep, Bentley is 100% deaf.
2. I began praying for my husband in 7th grade, and I already pray for my future kids' spouses.
3. I am obsessed with People magazine and refuse to read them out of sequence.
4. I will not watch a TV show out of sequence. If I want to start watching a show, I start with the Pilot episode. I'm the same with movies. I watched all 5 Rocky movies IN ORDER!
5. I'm on the "Wireless" staff at our church. It is the 18 to 20 something group, and we LOVE IT!
6. I STRONGLY DISLIKE birds and have a terrible fear of them. I won't get out of my car if one is close to it. One time, I sat in the McDonalds parking lot for an hour waiting on a flock to finish eating their fries before I went in to meet my friends.
7. I STRONGLY DISLIKE riding in cars over bridges (the one on 109 in Gallatin is the WORST). I take my seat belt off, and put my hand on the window button (just in case I need to swim out of the car).
8. I already have a "nursery fund," and $200/month gets directly deposited from my check into the savings account for our future nursery!
9. My dreams have always consisted of: being a woman of God, a wonderful wife, teacher, and mother. Big dreams huh? I guess I'm pretty simple.
10. I am a NERD! My lesson plans are ALWAYS turned in three days early, and in college I would stay up for 72 hours straight (sometimes) to study for my exams. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA, but my GPA from my freshman year at UT was not quite as impressive.
11. I worked at Subway in high school with a few of my friends, but then the smell made me gag so I had to quit. I have worked (with the exception of my student teaching which was worse than work) since the age of 12. Yep, I have ALWAYS had a job.
12. I am secretly SO shy. The idea of having to talk to a room full of people (unless it's friends or family) literally makes me have anxiety attacks. In fact, I used to act like I had to go to the bathroom during the "shaking hands/hug your neighbor" part of church so that I wouldn't have to talk to anyone.
13. I used to make my mom tell boys that called that I was "gone and wouldn't be back for a while." I would have a crush on a boy anywhere from a day to years, but as soon as they showed ANY interest I would RUN!! I had three boyfriends: one in 6th grade, one my senior year of high school, and my husband. I can't believe she would do it too. Oh and one time my brother told one of them that I was "eating grass." I knew Rich was "the one" because I NEVER have gotten tired of him. After our first date, I couldn't wait to see him (very unusual for me). I could be with him 24/7 and never get sick of his company.
14. My dad constantly traveled growing up, and one time I chased him down our driveway crying because he was going to California for two weeks. Funny thing is that I was a sophomore in high school.
15. I've been on TONS of mission trips: 7th grade-Phoenix, 8th grade-Chicago, 9th grade-London, 10th and 11th grade-El Salvador, and my senior year my mom and I went to Kenya Africa together on a missions trip. Oh and Rich and I went to New York on a missions trip 3 months after getting hitched!
16. I STRONGLY DISLIKE laundry, mopping, and cleaning the bathtubs, but I do it all the time because I dislike any room in my house being dirty more. If we ever make enough to afford someone to clean our house, we will!
17. Sometimes I play mean jokes on people. For example: I hide Rich's stuff and make him play hot/cold till he finds it. When I was growing up, I went #2, screamed, and told my dad there was a spider in the bathroom by the toilet. Then I locked him in there. AND I STILL ROLL PEOPLE. I know, I'm so mature!
18. I'm OBSESSED with staying up late. If I didn't work, I would stay up all night long and sleep all day everyday. My dad used to yell at me and say, "Young lady, you're not going to lay out all night and sleep all day!"
19. I love inspecting things, and I'm very nosy! Rich calls me Insector Gadget (which used to be one of my favorite shows). My roomates and I in college would literally drive around everynight and "stalk" any boy that had done any of us wrong or any boy that any of us had a crush on.
20. I'm OBSESSED with TV shows and movies. I honestly feel like I am a part of these people's lives. I cried during the last episode of Friends and the O.C. I also have too many shows to name that I refuse to miss even one episode of. I even rewind the shows when Rich talks so that I don't miss a word of them.
21. Every year, I promise myself that I will work out and loose 15 lbs. I have lost the weight before, but have not consistently worked out in SIX YEARS. This year is my year though, really!22. I'm VERY close to my family and don't want to live more than 30 minutes away from them... EVER!
23. I "binge decorate" our house. I won't do anything for 6 months, and then for two weeks I will paint and decorate like crazy. Our dining room is still empty though because "I haven't had the time to find a dining room suite that I like." Yea, so we HAVE been in this house for a year and a half.
24. One time, my friends and I went to visit Bethany at UT Martin. I fell asleep in the middle of the hallway and woke up to my friends laughing SO hard. Funny thing is, they were literally punching each other as hard as possible. We woke up to find HUGE bruises all over their bodies (we called them contusions).
25. My mom ran over me one time when my brother and I were playing hide and go seek. I got up and acted like she broke my leg. She had her head down on the steering wheel and was crying. I think I was 6. I enjoyed playing cruel jokes on people at an early age.

There it is. 25 things/stories that you probably didn't know about me.

No comments: