Monday, January 5, 2009

I could be the luckiest girl on the planet!!

Today was my first day back at work after having a relaxing, but productive 2 weeks off. I watched lots of movies, caught up on my shows on dvr, had my kitchen repainted, cleaned our house, did all of our laundry, packed and unpacked us for two trips, put away all of our Christmas decorations, and spent lots of time with family. It was WONDERFUL! This morning my principal was waiting outside of my door when I got there anxiously awaiting my news. I had told her the day that I left for Christmas break to be praying for me because there was a possibility that I could be pregnant. She knew that we had been going through a lot and had been praying for us. She was so excited for me when I told her that I was indeed pregnant. She immediately said, "lets go down to my office and talk about all of your options. I know that you like things as planned out as possible." So she sat me down in the same chair that 3 months ago I was so discouraged in when I told her that I may have to take off some extra days to go through fertility treatments. She was so wondderful to me and prayed for me and even cried with me. It was very cool sitting in that same chair, but now with overwhelming joy. She asked me when I was due first. I dreaded this question because I am due August 27th which is NOT good time for a teacher to have a baby. August and May are the two most hectic months in a teacher's career. She didn't care at all though. She knew how much we have wanted a baby. I asked her for her advice on what she thought I should do. She suggested that I FOR SURE at least start out the year to get my classroom established. It is very difficult to have someone else establish your classroom for you so I can see why she wanted this. Then I asked her how long I could take. She said I could take as long as I wanted. I told her that I would want to come back in January. Then I got very brave and asked her about her thoughts on part-time teaching. She surprisingly responded with, "I think it's wonderful. I've only heard of it being successful, and I have been waiting for someone to start it up here. You would be perfect to start it up and I am even going to let you choose who you want to work with." I could have cried. What a dream come true. I would work either Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday OR Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other Friday. Plus, two weeks for Christmas, two weeks for Spring break (b/c we are going to a year round calendar next year), snow days, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Martin Luther King day, Presidents Day, a week for fall break, etc. I have already found the person that I am going to co-teach with. She is a wonderful girl, very laid back, and is having her baby in February. When I asked her about it, she literally cried. She had been praying for this for a while too. I am so excited that I can barely stand it. Please pray that the county will "ok it" even though next year will be my last year to become tenured. I am a little worried that they may not let me job share if I am not tenured. Like I said before, I could be the luckiest girl on the planet!!!!

No comments: