Saturday, May 23, 2009

14 weeks, 1 day ultrasound

Wednesday night Rich and I were moving my classroom because it had to be finished by Thursday morning. I had terrible cramps and had to sit down for a while. We worked until around midnight that night and went home to go to bed. That morning I woke up and the cramps were gone so I stopped worrying and went to work at 6:45. Around 10:15 I was filling out paperwork with the special ed teachers, and I felt something going wrong. I went to the bathroom and had started hemoraging. I immediately called my doctor and he said to get there asap and not to drive. So one of my friends that I work with drove me to meet Rich at Centennial where we get all of our ultrasounds. Needless to say, I was FREAKING OUT! They got us in for the ultrasound as soon as we got there. Everything is completely fine, actually better than fine. I had a condition called "placenta previa" which is when the placenta attaches really low and covers up where the baby would come out. No big deal, but they were hoping it would "migrate" so that I wouldn't have to have a C-section. Apparently my body was doing exactly what the doctors wanted, and the placenta was migrating. This is why I had all of the cramping and bleeding. Now for the wonderful news.... I am actually 10 days further than what they thought so they are probably going to officially move up my due date to November 18th at my next appointment. I am actually (today) 14 weeks, 3 days. The ultrasound tech also did a little something extra for us as a surprise. We were planning on waiting until the baby was born to find out the sex, but she said, "I'm going to do something for you guys since ya'll have been through quite a bit, but don't tell anyone." At this point, I had no idea what she was going to do. I was thinking extra pictures or something. I could see everything on the flat screen on the wall so I watched her go underneath the baby's butt inbetween it's legs. Then I saw something that looked like a third leg. I said, "is that what I think it is?" She said, "yea, it looks like it's going to be a boy." She said she was 99.9% sure that the baby is a boy, and that she would be shocked if it was a girl! Needless to say, we were thrilled!!! We are going to wait to get anything though until it is confirmed at our 20 week ultrasound. Here are the pictures of our sweet baby. He is really snuggled up to his mommy and holding on tight to me. I wanted to make sure I got a clear picture on here so I put a few up.


No comments: