Sunday, November 7, 2010

3 days of thankfulness all rolled into ONE!

Things I'm thankful for:
  • Reese's first birthday party being a giant success!  It was perfect.  We had his party at Peek-a-Boo and had our cake delivered.  All we had to do was show up.  They decorate for you, have juice boxes for the kids, silverware, plates, etc.  Oh and they clean everything up.  It was amazing.  Reese and all of his friends loved it.  The cake was absolutely perfect.  I'll do a post on his birthday party later with pictures. 
  • Our friends.  We have some amazing friends that make our lives so much fun!
  • My laundry being almost done.  I have a few more load to do, but it is almost done.
  • Being able to buy Reese lots of things for his birthday.  I am well aware of the economy being in the gutter, and we were even affected by it for a short time with Rich's old job.  I am so thankful that God has taken care of us and made it possible to do special things for Reese.
  • Having so many fun things to do in November.  This Friday I have a girl's night.  Next Friday we have Supper Club.  We do it the 3rd Friday of every month with 3 other couples from Church.  Each couple has a month that they are responsible for. You basically just have to pick the place and make the reservations.  So fun!  Thanksgiving is the next Thursday (which includes a road trip with the boys to see Rich's family), and my birthday is that Saturday.
  • My Mom and Dad finally feeling better.  They were miserable for the last part of the week.
  • Coffee.  It is my guilty pleasure in life.  I have a cup every morning.  I love everything about it.  The smell, the warmth, the taste, etc.  I recently got a coffee grinder which makes it even better.
  • An extra hour of sleep.  Reese seemed to adjust just fine.  He slept an extra hour this morning.  Rich hung out with Reese, and I got to sleep in.  I barely slept at all Thursday and Friday night so I was exhausted.  I'm rarely restless and usually have no trouble falling asleep.  For whatever reason, I just could not sleep well.  
  • Having today to do nothing!  I love Sundays.  We go to Church on Saturday nights so on Sundays we can do whatever we want.  Today, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, went grocery shopping, opened all of Reese's gifts, and did a few loads of laundry.  The boys are taking a nap so I'm just enjoying the quiet.
That's all for now folks.

No comments: