Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy First Birthday Reese!

First of all, I want to wish my precious baby boy a Happy Birthday.  This has been the best year of our lives.  It is 11:00 so I'm gonna have to make this a fast post.  Today, I'm thankful for:
  • Getting to spend the entire day with Reese.  Teachers get 10 sick days, 2 personal days, and about 13 weeks off a year.  It's a pretty good gig.  I took the only personal day I have ever taken in my 4 years of teaching, and I'm so glad I did.  We got up at 7 and spent the morning playing.  Then he took a morning nap on me for about an hour.  We took a shower and got ready to go meet Rich for lunch.  We went to Viddles in Brentwood, which is a homecooking place.  It was great.  Reese and I stopped by our pediatrician's office to get his 2nd shot, and came home and took a 2 and a half hour nap together.  I held him through the entire nap.  We played with his toys, I read him his birthday book, and we went to Church.  It was a great day.
  • Getting caught up on rest.  I finally feel rested after my nap today.
  • Sonic.  I can't remember the last time I had a burger.  I'm not a huge meat eater, and I still haven't gotten my appetite back since we had the stomach flu.  I was craving a good burger after Church so I stopped and got us one.  I could only take a few bites of it, but they were SO good.  
  • George W. Bush.  Well, the entire Bush family actually.  I don't agree with all of the decisions that he made, but I have a weird obsession with the family.  I had an obsession with the Kennedy family at one point in my life and would read any books about them and watch documentaries, etc.  I am dying to read President Bush's new book, Decision Points.  It is finally available.
The End! 

No comments: