Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for:
  • My husband getting up, changing Reese's diaper, getting him ready for school, taking him all the way to Hendersonville to my sister-in-law's house so that she could take him to school (we can't drop him off until 7:45 at school), and then having to drive all the way to Brentwood to work.  He does this every day.  I start teaching at 7am so I would literally have to get up at 4:30 if he did not help out with this.  
  • My sister in law always helping us out with Reese.  Rich and I were so sick last Wednesday that we could not drive without throwing up in our cars.  Beth had to pick Reese up, drive him to our house, and then drive all the way back home.  She is always willing to help us with him, and I don't know what we would do without her. 
  • Being able to cook for my family tonight.  I try to cook as much as I can, but when I have to be away from Reese until 2:30 during the week sometimes I would rather just play with him.  Sometimes it is just something fast, and on Wednesdays we usually get Subway and Saturdays we go out to eat.  These are church nights, and it is too hard for me to do a big elaborate meal on these nights.  We do all sit down together every night and eat dinner together.  After work today, I picked up Reese and we went to the grocery store together.  It was past-time to go because I didn't go last week with us being sick.  I came home and made a meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas, and cornbread.
  • Our lunches and clothes are all ready to go for tomorrow and layed out.
  • Getting to look up toys online for Reese for his first birthday.  It is so fun!
  • Pajama Day in my class.  My second graders will do anything to get to wear their pajamas to school.  They think it's the best thing in the world.  When we began the school year they were not too passionate about Accelerated Reader (a reading program that gives students points when they read a book and pass a test over what they read).  I bribed them by offering a movie/pajama day evertime they get 100 points.  They just get to wear their pajamas to school and watch a movie in the afternoon.  They are so excited about reading and AR now.  Anytime they finish their work early, they run to my classroom library to get books to read.  It's amazing!  Oh and did I mention that I get to wear my pajamas to school too?  They think it is the coolest thing to see their teacher in her pajamas. 
  • Reese taking 3 consecutive steps tonight and us getting it on video.  It is incredible to watch him accomplish things.  We all three dance and jump up and down when he takes any type of step.  We all have so much fun together.  
  • DVR... I have no idea what I would do without it.  I love staying for 30 minutes after the boys have gone to bed and watching one show and doing one blog.  It is my "wind-down" time for the day.
Please pray for my Mom and Dad (Mom, you may be the only person that actually reads this thing so just know I'm praying for ya'll).  They both now have the stomach flu and are in so much pain.  I literally could not move from our bathroom floor for 7 hours when I had it so I can only imagine what they are going through.  Please pray for their healing. 

No comments: