Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Give Thanks!

A couple of years ago Rich and I were having a hard time getting pregnant.  To make a long story short, 4 different doctors gave us a 0% chance of ever getting pregnant on our own.  We began to pray about what our next step would be for our family, and God laid on my heart to start thanking Him every day for a healthy baby.  Since I was so sure that this is what I was supposed to do, I took 40 days and blogged about things in my life that I was thankful for and at the end I would always thank God in advance for a healthy baby.  I knew if I blogged about it, that I would stay committed to finishing it.  I have decided that for the month of November I am going to try to blog about the things that I am thankful for.  I'm sure I'll also blog about other things too.  Anyways, I missed the first two days so I'll just chalk those up as a loss and start tonight with some of the things I am thankful for.
  • My Church.  It is Wednesday so I got to go to Church tonight.  I am so thankful for the friends I have made and that Reese has a consistant routine of being involved in Church.
  • Our family.  I (of course) am so thankful for all of our family and the love that they have for Reese.  It is unbelievable how loved my child is.
  • My home.  Our house isn't huge and to some people it would just seem like an ordinary home, but I absolutely love my house.  It is my favorite place on earth, and I love the comfort of being here with my boys.  Our favorite thing to do is all pile up on the couch and watch a movie or in bed.  There is nothing like it.
  • Reese's school.  We finally got Reese into a program through Sumner County that is mostly for teachers.  He was on the waiting list, and they called me at the beginning of September to let me know that he had a spot.  They only take 8 children every two years, and he got in!  There is a 4 teacher to 1 child ratio, and he loves being there.  Oh, and it saved us a TON of money getting him in.  We were paying $165/week, and now our total is $60/week.
  • Grocery Stores.  I can't imagine having to milk a cow, make my own bread, etc.  It is so nice to be able to go to the store and just get whatever I want.
  • Finally getting over the worst stomach flu I've ever experienced.  It was terrible and all 3 of us got sick.  I'm so thankful to be over it.
  • Getting to go to lunch with the ladies I teach with yesterday.
  • Rich getting his dream job last month.  It is so wonderful to see him so excited about his job.
  • Finding etsy.  Yea, it could be the worst thing for my wallet, but I love personalized stuff for Reese.
  • Being able to grab something to eat on our way home from Church instead of having to cook/clean the kitchen.
  • My house being clean.  We cleaned all day on Sunday and finally got the entire house cleaned and even went through our attic and storage closet upstairs.  I love coming home to a clean and organized house.  I have laundry to finish up and my "to-do" list will actually be finished!
  • Getting to kiss my husband and son goodnight.

No comments: