Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Monday!

Today I'm thankful for:
  • DVR... I try not to be too materialistic, but I love having DVR.  I don't have a lot of time, but every night after the boys are in bed I watch one show while I blog.  I do not have time for commercials.
  • Dinner time.  Every night we all 3 sit down at the dinner table (well Reese is in his high chair), and we eat together.  I think it is so important for families to sit down at the table together at least once a day.  This is one of the only times that we just stop, turn off the tv (most of the time) and talk to each other.  Tonight I made lasagna.
  • My husband cleaning up the kitchen for me.  I had to fold a load of laundry so my husband helped me out and cleaned the kitchen for me. 
  • Having a garage to park my car in and a garage door opener.  I love not having to scrape my windshield every morning and not having to get into a freezing cold car. 
  • My electric blanket.  My husband turns on my electric blanket for me so I can get into a warm bed everynight.
  • Rich being patient with me.  For whatever reason, I was a little snippy tonight.  I think I'm just tired because I literally did not stop today and barely even sat down.  I knew I was snippy so I tried to just not talk.  The "old" Rich would have pushed my buttons so that he could get some fireworks for entertainment.  I think he has learned that usually doesn't work out in his favor.  He just gave me the few minutes of silence I needed, and then I was over it.  Nothing brought on the frustration with me.  I just needed a few minutes to pray and regroup and then I was fine.
  • Getting almost caught up at work.  I have a few more things to do tomorrow, and I'll officially be caught up.
  • Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee.  Rich bought me some at Walmart the other day (we have been looking for it for a long time).  It started my day off great!
  • Getting to hold Reese during his nap today.  Every day since Reese has been born he has taken at least one nap on me a day.  I know a lot of people would advice me to put him in his bed.  I do put him in his bed at night.  Every day when I get home from work, we try to go outside and play, I do a load of laundry and get dinner going, then rock/sing Reese to sleep.  He sleeps for about an hour, and I hold him the entire time.  I cherish that time with him.
  • Reese saying, "mama" all the time. 

No comments: